Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Johsonred up date

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
alleyyooper

Johsonred up date
Original Message   Apr 22, 2005 5:08 pm
I've had my Johsonred 2150t since the first part of November so can now give my informed option on it.

Starting with the dealer, Not very good, saw was ran before I took delivery but started hard and wouldn't idle at all when I got it home. Ordered a screw just days after I got the saw and took it back for the hard start problem, they called and said the screw was in, it was the wrong one. I bought a screw from a different dealer that had it in stock but I'm still getting billed 3 months latter for the wrong one even after many phone calls to them.

Getting used to the 18" bar, found that if the bar gets pinched in even the slightest way the chain binds till I open up the chain track with a flat screw driver. A new good oregon bar will fix that problem.

Always wear a glove on your right hand. The exhust heats up the handle and your hand some thing awfull. I have made a sheild with a air gap with flashing to help keep the heat manageable.

Now the good stuff:: runs really well now that I have some hours on it and finally found the right person to tune the carb. Is really good on gasoline and bar oil usage. Seems like it cuts forever on one fill up. Starts good now too.

Lots of power cuts thru a 14" live Elm in nothing flat.

Al

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: Johsonred up date
Reply #1   Apr 22, 2005 6:27 pm
Hi Al...

Glad you got things ironed out... hope it serves you well !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42