Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tips for Finding OPE auctions in your area

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Tips for Finding OPE auctions in your area
Original Message   Apr 22, 2005 12:54 pm
Do a Google search for "lawn mower auction (your state's name here) 2005". I add the year so you won't get web articals about auctions of the past decade. Also check your local newspaper for public auctions listed in the classifieds. Once you find them, check out each auctioneer's website for future auctions. Also check with your local parks or public works dept and ask what happens to their old equipment, is it traded in? sold at auction? allowed to rust out in back of the garage? There are treasures out there. In my personal experience, the auction focused on the intricate antique glassware in the house that casually mentions "3 riding mowers" is a possible good deal. I figure 95% of the folks are coming for the fancy blue glass, and I might get a good deal on the icky rusty stuff in the garage.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Tips for Finding OPE auctions in your area
Reply #1   Apr 22, 2005 1:49 pm
Thanks for the tips Joe!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42