Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How Many Like Toro???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Termy

How Many Like Toro???
Original Message   Apr 6, 2005 7:25 pm
Well, I am planning on getting a Toro just wondering what you all think of them. I am planning on getting this one as I need it for my services but can't afford a 1000 dollar commercial unit. Don't want OHV either as I have had problems with a B&S Intek engine cause of it lol.

Toro Mower

This message was modified Apr 23, 2005 by Termy

Replies: 15 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Re: How Many Like Toro???
Reply #15   Apr 8, 2005 8:31 am
Watch that warranty Termy, look for a "professional use" clause.  I know all my ope has said clause in it, and the guarantees of the equipment(all of them) are dramatically reduced when the equipment is used for professional use.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that 5 year gts turns into 30 days for pro use.  If it were me and i had the $$$ i'd prob go with the snapper over the toro for your use because they do seem to be built a bit heavier, and you can get a couple of them with kawasaki engines.  they also offer a model that is a walk behind with casters on the front- good for a guy that has to go around stuff all day.

Looking at the snapper site, you could even go with a pro trim mower, and get your choice of honda or kawa powerplants.
This message was modified Apr 8, 2005 by terrapin24h

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
itzbinnice

Reply #16   Apr 8, 2005 6:56 pm
Terminator,

I have a Toro Personal Pace that is starting it's 5th year now. Other than oil changes, air filters, and plugs, I have never had a problem with the unit. Yesterday, I pulled it out of the shed, added gas, 1 pull and started right up. I've owned mowers for 31 years and this is my favorite for ease of use. Only using as a homeowner I can't comment how well it would hold up with commercial use.

I have read some people didn't like how it handled, and some said they had difficulty with hills. My property is quite flat so I don't know how true that statement is about hills. Why don't you go to a dealer and try one out and see if your comfortable with it and question the dealer about the bad performance on hills.

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #17   Apr 8, 2005 7:16 pm
well if you do the math,Termy is doing more mowing in one season than most of us do in 25 or 30 years.which is only 25 or 30 accounts.

thats a lot of mowing.

termy...my advice to you is push one around a yard without  it running and get a feel for it.

next see how much trouble it is to put on the back of your pickup or trailer alone..the actual mowing ability is one thing but you also handle this thing a lot and that is where problems can arise.

next is how about the dealer,whats he gonna do for you.

you probably do most of your own maintenence and are quite good at it by now,but if you have a problem that is beyond your abilities then is he going to put you at the front of the line or make you wait untill everything else in the shop is done.

i beleive that the guy making his living with a piece of equipment should always be helped out as soon as possible

lots of times i will take apart a new machine to get a part so i can get a pro back to work...thats the way it should be,but you might want to check this.

oh yes one more thing,buy the best you can afford but dont starve to do it.

later chris  

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Termy

Reply #18   Apr 8, 2005 10:15 pm
Not quite 30 yet there. I have 16 accounts. But, some of those I do allot of mowing. Right now, I just need a mower that will last long enough for me to afford a commercial unit. In this case, from reading all your good informative replies, I am sticking with the Toro.

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #19   Apr 9, 2005 5:02 pm
Hi T-20...

With 16 accounts and lotsa'  mowin'...  how about a wider cut machine ? ...36"... 48"... ?

= less time... = can do more accounts in same time... = more $$$...

A good condition commercial walk behing might be the ticket... ?

My youngest son... at 14-15... started mowing for $$$ with a 22"er...

At 16... he bought a new 48" Exmark hydro... (loan by Dad)... had it paid off in 1st year + $$$ to spend !

Time = $$$

Hope U do well !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Termy

Reply #20   Apr 9, 2005 10:55 pm
Thanks Dave! I will take that under consideration. I am glad your youngest son is doing well in his buisness. I will do the best that I can till I can get a rider.

Termy

Reply #21   Apr 22, 2005 11:00 pm
I have decided that I am going to stick with my original decision. I am going to buy the Toro Super Recycler 20055! I went down to dealer in Bellingham and I checked out that mower first hand. I was very imprest with its design and durability. The quality did seem there to me. I like how these Toro's have Zerks so that I can greese them for longer life! I like the deck system. It really does look like it was designed for hi vac as the add states. I started the mower on the first pull without any effort after pushing the priming 3 times. I tried out the Personal Pace system and its just like the one on the recyclers. There was only one thing that I did not like about this mower is that the engine did not have a throttle. But, I really don't care about this as there really is no reason to idle it down if you don't have a blade break system that keeps the engine going after releasing the handle lol.

If anyone wants and or is thinking about buying a Toro Super Recycler this year, I have tested the mower out at the dealer, trust me, go ahead and by it. From what I am seing, I don't think your going to have problems with it!

Termy

Reply #22   Apr 28, 2005 12:35 am
I am so excited because I am going to be getting my new mower soon. I am emberasly drooling, the waiting is killing me lol.

Enjoy those new racetunes of your's Ajace!

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #23   Apr 28, 2005 10:37 am
How soon Termy?
Termy

Reply #24   Apr 28, 2005 12:52 pm
I should be able to get it on the 3rd

Replies: 15 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42