Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking to buy a new mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dave28431

Looking to buy a new mower
Original Message   Apr 7, 2005 6:12 pm
Hi everyone.  I am looking to buy a new lawnmower.  I am going to buy it from Lowes.  I cant figure out which one that I want as I am a complete idiot when it comes to riding mowers.  I cant decide between the husky or the cub cadet.  I also dont know whether or not the ones with more horspower are worth the extra money.  If any of you have time, I would really appreciate some expert advice on which mower to buy from lowes.  (They are offering 0% for 12 months)  If any of you have time, check out www.lowes.com and look at the mowers and let me know what you think.  Thank all of you who invest your time in advance for any feedback that you can give me.
Replies: 1 - 38 of 38View as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: Looking to buy a new mower
Reply #1   Apr 7, 2005 6:52 pm
Hi and welcome...

Please answer a few questions so advice can be better tailored...

Budget?
Yard topography (inclines) / layout (trees, obstacles)?
Expectations from the tractor  (longevity/value/ease-of-use/service availability)?
Use it for any other tasks (cart/snow/garden)?
Manual or automatic preference?
Brand preference?

Thanks,

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #2   Apr 7, 2005 6:57 pm
Dave said it so well.  So much depends on what you expect from your mower.  I hope you make a good choice and it will give you years of service--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
dave28431

Reply #3   Apr 7, 2005 6:58 pm
I have a couple of acres to mow with several trees and shrubs.  I am looking for a mower that will last a long time with proper maintance.  I guess the most bang for the buck is the best way to describe it.  No snow, I live in Southeast NC, so we get very little if any.  I just want a long lasting mower that is going to cost me less in the longrun. I was looking at spending no more that $2,000.00.  Thanks for your reply.
This message was modified Apr 7, 2005 by dave28431
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #4   Apr 7, 2005 8:36 pm
Hi  Dave, First off welcome to the forum. Well my opinion I think I would go with the Husky. I just don't think that the Cub Cadets are built as well. I wish they still built them like they use too. I know I use a Husky trimmer and blower also for my small lawn business and they work really good! Another thing I look for also is the repair shops, is there a husky dealer close to you, or is there one that deals with Cadets close? These are just things I look for. I'm sure there will be someone soon that can give you the in's and out's.                                 Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   Apr 7, 2005 10:15 pm
Hi Dave, welcome!

You describe what many folks have when looking for a lawn tractor. There a few options you have available for good equipment in that price range.

• John Deere L118 & L120. These are the lower end Deere series tractors but people that have owned them seem to really have good things to say about them. Both of these models have a 22HP Briggs OHV V-Twin engine, fully welded and powder coated frame, twin touch foot controlled hydrostatic transmission and a 12ga steel mowing deck. The L118's deck is 42" wide and the L120's is 48". The L120 has larger tires that will give a better ride and stand up to more abuse while providing better traction. These are the main differences. L118 retails at $1,999.00, the L120 at $2,299.00. I would bet you could get a little knocked off that if you hold your tongue just right. 
  • Husqvarna 1542XP & 1848XP. These are made by the same company that manufactures the Craftsman LT's and GT's for Sears. They're a step up from the Craftsmen line in the same way that Mercury is a step up from Ford. The differences in the two Husky's are the Engine HP and deck size.  I realize that the Deere's have a larger engine but I will tell you that 15HP and 18HP Kawasaki's are plenty powerful to drive 42" and 48" decks respectively. Both of the Husky's have an eclectic PTO for blade engagement, not that big of a deal but nice to have. You'll notice a front bumper and full instrument panels.
Read about both brands, go see them and sit on them. Feel the controls, see what it is that you like best. I do not recommend anything made by MTD other than the Cub 1500 series and above but they are out of your price range.

Good luck, feel free to ask anything else.
dave28431

Reply #6   Apr 8, 2005 5:43 am
Here is the link to the one that I am looking at.  

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=77880-41798-LOYT24H48&lpage=none

See what you guys think about it.  The John Deere's in this area are HIGH.  For 2,000, I cant even buy a used one that looks good, so they are out of the question.  Thanks guys.

jubol

Reply #7   Apr 8, 2005 5:53 am
 Dave,

If you are going to buy from Lowes, get a "Change Of Address" pac from The Post Office. Reason being, some times they have a 10% off coupon from Lowes.

Also at HD they have the same lawnmower under the Poulan name, same as Husky. They give 10% off on lawnmowers if you use their(new credit card )for the first time.

Hope this helps.

Fred                

This message was modified Apr 8, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Emmo

Reply #8   Apr 8, 2005 7:49 am
I may be mistaken, but I believe the Husqvarna tractors at Lowes have a Briggs Motor.

You need to buy from a dealer to get the Kawasaki engine ( which is what I would do).

Good luck.
terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #9   Apr 8, 2005 8:41 am
Emmo wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I believe the Husqvarna tractors at Lowes have a Briggs Motor.

You need to buy from a dealer to get the Kawasaki engine ( which is what I would do).

Good luck.

Last year when we were looking, i am pretty sure that all the machines at lowes matched up to a machine at sears, and none had kawa engines.  Maybe for this year things have changed.  I'd suggest too that he look at the sears gt's on the right day you can get alot more for your $$$ from sears and get the same financing.  FTR, we love our lt2000, now going into its 2nd season, but nowhere near time to fire it up yet.

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #10   Apr 8, 2005 9:04 am
It's slightly over your $2000 budget, but have you checked out the CubCadet SLT2554? A lot of tractor for the $$$, and available at Lowe's.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #11   Apr 8, 2005 9:28 am
If I weren't buying the XP series of Husqvarna, I would buy the Craftsman instead.

Clearify for me please, where are you that the Deere's sell for more than MSRP?

dave28431

Reply #12   Apr 8, 2005 4:14 pm
I am in Southeastern NC.  The Deere that I looked at was a 2 year old LT series.  They guy was going to knock $400 off of the sticker of a new one because it was used.  I have a Lowes card and they have a special going on 0% for 12 months right now.  That is why I wanted to try and get the best mower for the money from them.  They do not list the model numbers like you guys are refering to.  That is why I wanted one of you to go to their site and see what was the best that they had.  I know it is asking alot, but I was hoping, lol.  If anyone gets the time, I would appreciate it.  If not, I appreciate all of the input that you guys have given so far.  I will give you guys this, you know your mowers.  Thanks.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #13   Apr 8, 2005 4:19 pm
Cub Cadet model SLT1554

Lowe's Item # 183641
Model # 13AR11CK712

price $2399

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
dave28431

Reply #14   Apr 8, 2005 4:57 pm
Nice mower.  What would be the difference between that one and the one for $1999.00?  The Huskvarna for $1,799.00 also looked good to me.  Any pros or cons on either of those two?  Thanks guys.
Emmo

Reply #15   Apr 8, 2005 5:06 pm
I like the Cub that Joe likes but it's over your budget.

Staying under 2K and at Lowes I like the husky YTH 2448 for $1799.

BUT  I also would prefer to buy from a dealer or Sears first. (No service whatsoever from Lowes).  Shop around, there are a lot of dealers around here offering 0%. Sears also is 0% until Jan 06.

The Craftsman are good values (Many are Husqvarna clones) and are on sale about every other week.  I like the Husky but would prefer to have the Kawasaki motor even if I stepped down to the 15 HP model YTH1542XP (MSRP of $1999)and available only at a dealer.

Just my .02

Good luck.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #16   Apr 8, 2005 7:03 pm
hi guys ...

just stepping in for a little clearification.

the husky tractors have briggs ,kohler and kawasaki power available.

the xp husky comes with the kawi motor...it is by far the best engine available in a tractor of this size.just start one up and you will understand.

the sears and the husky are both made by AYP which is a sub of electrolux which is owned by the same bunch that owns husky.

thats why the sears and the husky are similar.

the husky has a cast iron front axle.4 deck wheels and a nose roller,greese fittings better steering wheel fuel sight guage ,hour meter and the best to fill gas tank you could ever ask for.and did i mention the kawi motor...sweet.

some of the john deers have a kawi motor but they are in the " better jd".the cheeper ones are not so good,actually built from an old homelite factory...sheesh.

the cub cadet that is in the same price range as the husky is actually a rebaged mtd...not so good either.

and the 15xp husky will outperform a 19 horse sears with briggs power...incase you were wondering.

oh yes...i sell the husky,more than anyone else in atlantic canada,which isnt saying much its a small place.

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
jogo

Reply #17   Apr 8, 2005 8:36 pm
Hey Snowshoveler.....

GREAT input, Thanks!!!!

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
uc113

Reply #18   Apr 8, 2005 9:00 pm
I have the husqvarna with the kawasaki engine that I purchased from a local dealer.  You will be much better off doing that than getting one at Lowes.  The local dealer will go over the mower and make sure everything is set up properly not just out of the box like they would do at Lowes and Home Depot.   Also, if you ever need service you will be better off taking it back to the dealer you purchased it from as I do not think Lowes or Home Depot services the mowers.  For the extra $200 for the husqvarna from a local dealer it will be money much better spent in the long run.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #19   Apr 8, 2005 10:47 pm
I'd buy the XP series too.   I'd even buy the  Zero turn if they made them like an Ariens.  I don't think the Cub Cadet turns as tight as the Husky.  Overall, if you want it to last, buy the Husqvarna it is much better. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

dave28431

Reply #20   Apr 9, 2005 6:10 am
I would like to thank you guys for all of your input.  I am more undecided now than I was 2 days ago.  I wouldnt have thought that mowers that are $2,000 are just about the same as the ones that are $800.00.  I for the life of me cant figure out why Lowes or Sears does not carry the Kaw. engine.  I am sure of one thing, I want that engine.  Now I have got to try and find one that is in my budget and hopefully for 0% for long enough to get it paid for.  Thanks alot guys for all of the input.  I have learned a great deal during this ordeal.  I will keep checking back and will let you know what I end up getting.  Thanks again.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #21   Apr 9, 2005 8:30 am
Goodluck Dave I'm sure you will choose a nice one. 

Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #22   Apr 9, 2005 5:08 pm
Hi dave...

" I for the life of me cant figure out why Lowes or Sears does not carry the Kaw. engine."

Lower price without it ! They sell on price...

For ~2 acres... I'd want a 48" cut minimum... so it dosen't take toooo long...

I checked out the bigger Huskey lawn tractors... seemingly nice machine for the $$$ !  I would not hesitate buying one with a "better" engine... although I have little knowledge about 'em... except for checkin' 'em out in a showroom...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Reply #23   Apr 9, 2005 9:47 pm
snowshoveler wrote:
hi guys ...

the cub cadet that is in the same price range as the husky is actually a rebaged mtd...not so good either.

later chris 

Im sorry but i would have to disagree with you on that. It may be the low end of the Cub line but its not a rebaged mtd. It has timken tapered  roller bearings in the front spindles. It has a hydro which is serviceable and has a Kolher motor,
4-bolt automotive-style lug nuts,
Tapered roller bearings w/grease fittings in the deck (for long life) It may share some parts with a reg mtd but so does Craftmans with the husky. I know your a Husky dealer but you shouldnt put down on another brand thats just as good just to try and sell yours.

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #24   Apr 9, 2005 10:29 pm
Oh no this can't be good!

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #25   Apr 9, 2005 10:36 pm
mikefla1 wrote:
Oh no this can't be good!

LOL.  Well, it has been pretty quiet in here for a couple weeks. This ought to get things going.

Simplicity Conquest
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #26   Apr 9, 2005 10:43 pm
Some things are better left the way they are, I hate shaking the bee nest!  

uc113

Reply #27   Apr 9, 2005 10:47 pm
WEll let me add to the discussion about the cub and the husqvarna.  A couple of people in my neighborhood but the cub, some bought the JD at Home Depot and some of us bought the husky from the local dealer.  By far the husky has been the best one out there followed closely by the JD.  The cub that is not a MTD retred as stated has had quality control issues.  Not one of my neighbors is pleased with it.  They all wish they would have purchased the husky or the JD.  They have been frustrated at the time to get them repaired and the fact that they had to be repaired at all.  This is not the cub of the past.  This is a cub made by MTD wioth about the same concern of quality as letting a bull run through a china shop.  For the money that the cub costs, you can get a much better machine.  Those are my two cents.  Bye the way, I owned a white before I owned my current husky.  I am very meticulous when caring for any of my equipment, and the white lasted only 7 years and I had nothing but problems with it, and that is supposed to be one notch down from the cub in the MTD family.
Marshall

Reply #28   Apr 9, 2005 11:30 pm
Can you get the model # of Cub and let us know? I'm curious to what it is.
Marshall

Reply #29   Apr 10, 2005 1:14 pm
Maybe this will add a tad of clarity?

Cub 1500 Series....SLT1554 = Good

Cub 1000 Series = MTD = Bad

Husqvarna XP Series = Good

Husqvarna "Non-XP" Series = Craftsman = Good but not as good as the XP Series

Lowes = No service or support. Must go through dealer

Sears = Service and support.....Craftsman

Dealer = Service and Support......Husky XP Series, Cub, or any brand.

In my opinion, you either buy from a dealer and get what you want of any brand or, buy from Sears and get a Craftsman. You'll get good service both ways. If you buy from Lowes, for service you're pretty much relegated to the end of the line after those who bought from the dealer that you're trying to get service from. To the dealer, his customers will come first, as they should. If your choice at this point comes down to where you can get the best finanancing, the Craftsman's looking pretty good.

So it looks like your best choices are:

...Suck it up, go to a dealer, buy better product, don't get as good of financing, get good service.

...Buy from Lowes, get good financing but have potential service issues. Get 1500 Series Cub, nothing else here.

...Buy from Sears, get good financing, get good service but not get the better XP series Husky or better 1500 Series cub

Oh yea, I still don't see why the L Series John Deere's are not an option? Available at dealers and Home Depot.

jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Reply #30   Apr 10, 2005 2:05 pm
uc113 wrote:
WEll let me add to the discussion about the cub and the husqvarna.  A couple of people in my neighborhood but the cub, some bought the JD at Home Depot and some of us bought the husky from the local dealer.  By far the husky has been the best one out there followed closely by the JD.  The cub that is not a MTD retred as stated has had quality control issues.  Not one of my neighbors is pleased with it.  They all wish they would have purchased the husky or the JD.  They have been frustrated at the time to get them repaired and the fact that they had to be repaired at all.  This is not the cub of the past.  This is a cub made by MTD wioth about the same concern of quality as letting a bull run through a china shop.  For the money that the cub costs, you can get a much better machine.  Those are my two cents.  Bye the way, I owned a white before I owned my current husky.  I am very meticulous when caring for any of my equipment, and the white lasted only 7 years and I had nothing but problems with it, and that is supposed to be one notch down from the cub in the MTD family.

All the people i know that have a Cub 1000's are very pleased with them. As are all of the owners on other forums i vist are very happy with theres. Now i know from viewing this site that people here cant stand MTD. I have a 1525 which they dont make anymore and its built heavyer then the 1000's. But i have had it for 21/2 years and 110 hours and it has not failed to start or giving me a problem at all. Im sorry that your White gave you so many problems but every brand has a bad one every now and then. You want to down MTD thats find But remeber the Husky might not last you but 7 years Then you can talk bad about them. And like i said before a cheap MTD does not have the heavyduty Hydro or taper roller bearing in the wheels and spindles for long life. They have a few Husky tractors around here and they have had there share of problems also like the Hydro going out motor problem. But then again that has noting to do with AYP they didnt make the Motor or the Hydro just like MTD dont.They have a dealer not 3 miles from my house i pass everyday. He sure has alot of them being fixed everyday may i make a sugestion to you? Take a look at the wiring going to your PTO a friend of mine who has  one the wireing harness got caught up in the PTO and yanked it out. You may want to take a look at it. I have two people down the street that have MTD yard Machines had them for about 7 years not one problem with them still look brand new. Every brand make and model has there place and price and they all serve a purpose. You could have saved some money and bought a Craftsman being they are both the same. Sure you would have to had bought a bumber but you would have saved some money.

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #31   Apr 10, 2005 3:13 pm
jodyand wrote:
Im sorry but i would have to disagree with you on that. It may be the low end of the Cub line but its not a rebaged mtd. It has timken tapered  roller bearings in the front spindles. It has a hydro which is serviceable and has a Kolher motor, 4-bolt automotive-style lug nuts,
Tapered roller bearings w/grease fittings in the deck (for long life) It may share some parts with a reg mtd but so does Craftmans with the husky. I know your a Husky dealer but you shouldnt put down on another brand thats just as good just to try and sell yours.

Well I really don't have to put down the Cub line.  The MTD rep for the area was in and he was trying to push the Cub line on us.  Seems that the lower end Cubs are glorified MTD products along with the White brand and several others.  So we're not putting down the Cub line to sell the Husky, Snowshoveler was just stating a fact that the lower end Cub's are MTD products.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #32   Apr 10, 2005 4:02 pm
let me just clearify my earlier statement...

the cub that is in the price range of the15 xp husky is most surely a rebaged mtd unit.it does have the better front end and a hydro .but the deck and spindles are crap and so is the frame for that matter.

and as for me selling my tractors on here ...you are full of crap there.im atleast 2000 miles from any other member on this siteexcept for Millwright and miss snowshoveler..now if you want to drive that far for a better tractor then i will sell it to you but its kinda far to come aint it

and let me remind you i am the and i state am the mechanic and i have been in the biz for a long time so i do know more than the average homeowner.about OPE

there i have had my rant.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
robmints

Reply #33   Apr 10, 2005 4:41 pm
From what I remember of what I saw last year at Lowes, the Bolens MTD was the bottom, then a little better was Troy Bult, then there were 3 grades of Cub at Lowes. From what I remember there were 5 different levels of machine. I normally look at the stuff most likely to break. Number one being the steering. And the last thing on the list is the engine.

I own and use MTD machines. I think you can get what you pay for if you choose carefully and/or get lucky.

Chris you have proven yourself over a long time time to be what I would consider an expert. Most of the stuff you see is broken. Us dopey users, all we see is our neighbors who own some of the cheapest, poorly made junk ever manufactured, and they never have a problem with it.

I really dislike the big boxes. But good dealers can be hard to find sometimes. Went to the Pella store Friday. Salesman was in a hurry, couldn't answer my questions. So Lowes got my $2000.00. Same happens to us when we go to buy OPE all the time.
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #34   Apr 10, 2005 8:22 pm
Hi Dave. If you really want to go the Lowes route, As Marshall mentioned, check out the John Deeres at HD. They just came out with the L108. It's one step above the L100 in that it has the foot controlled hydro tranny and went for, I think $1599. Not a bad machine for the money. I was sitting on one this morning while at HD and it seemed comfortable to me. But as suggested, sit on them all, play with the controls and check the features of each. That should help narrow it down.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
dave28431

Reply #35   Apr 10, 2005 8:57 pm
Well, after reading all of the pros and cons, I decided to go with the $1,799.00 Husky.  I sat on all of them, cubs, huskys, troy builts, etc.  and the husky just felt better.  I also talked with the guy at lowes and he said that they sold around 300 huskys last year and only had 1 to come back.  He also said that he sold around 200 of the cubs and had 2 to come back.  He said that he liked the Kohler and front end better on the cubs, but like the seat  and transmission better on the husky.  According to him, they were about equils.  They offered me the 3 year warranty from Lowes where they come out and change the blades, oil, and check everything for 3 years for $189.00 and I took it.  It also has a lemon clause where if they fix the same thing 3 times that they will refund the entire purchase price back to you.  I guess that I will hope for the best and plan for the worst.  I wish I could have budgeted for a higher end mower, but 2K was all I could stand.  Maybe if this one lasts for a couple of years I can do a little better.  Thanks again guys for all of the advice and help.  I will continue to check by here for pointers and advice and am very glad that I found youl  Thanks again.
robmints

Reply #36   Apr 10, 2005 9:21 pm
uc113

Reply #37   Apr 10, 2005 11:12 pm
I am not on here to bash the MTD line.  I relayed my experience with my White and now with my Husqvarna.  To compare the two is not even fair.  You are prous of your cub and have had no problems with it, good for you.  I have had no problems with my Husqvarna.  You told me I should have gone to Sears and gotten a craftsman since they are both built by AYP.  The only problem is that the craftsman did not come with a Kawasaki engine and the service at sears is garbage.  The local dealer that I purchased my  Husqvarna has been in the business for over 30 years and has excellent service if I ever need it.  As a matter of fact I purchased my White from him.  When I was looking to purchase my new mower three years ago I went to him.  He carries all the major brand name lines.  IF I could have afforded it I would have purchased the Simplicity with the Honda motor but it was out of the range of what I could spend at the time.  He directed me to the husqvarna and pointed out the differences both good and bad between all the mowers he sells.  He was very honest and told me straight out he would not recommend the cub until you got into their higher end.  The lower end models just are not worth the money and he didn't feel right directing anyone to them unless they were set on a cub.  So I am not bashing the MTD line, I am going by my own experience, and the word of someone who has been doing this for over 30 years.  Oh, and I don't see me having to get rid of my husqvarna in seven years like I had to with the White because I take care of my equipment.  Go and tell my neighbor who bought a supposed better line of MTD the Yardman series who has had two spindles fail, front axle break, and transmission go out after only two years.  Sorry but the proof is in the pudding as they say.
Marshall

Reply #38   Apr 11, 2005 9:36 am
Dave, good luck with your new Husky! Let us know how you like it. If you have anymore questions in the future, ask away! 
Replies: 1 - 38 of 38View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42