Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > AO Safety Peltor WorkTunes

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

AO Safety Peltor WorkTunes
Original Message   Apr 5, 2005 2:26 pm
I am considering buying a set for my outdoor experiences.   I heard they have a 1/8" stereo or similiar input connector, but the literature doesn't show it.  I would really like a set of hearing protection that has an input connector for other devices, I pod, Walkman as analog tuning can be tricky.  Do the WorkTunes have an input connector or do I need something else? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Termy

Re: AO Safety Peltor WorkTunes
Reply #9   Apr 8, 2005 10:20 pm
Ajace, I am going to own one of those one of these days. They are awsome and I have seen people use them before. Being able to hook up a ipod or other music device is a great feature to have aswell! I am sorry that your racetunes is backordered and you have to wait till April 15th! Now you know how I felt when I ordered my computer parts on November 2002 and did not get them till Febuary 2003!

AJace

Reply #10   Apr 8, 2005 10:31 pm
The reason I bought the Racetunes is because of the input connection.  I hope it lasts for a while. 

AJace

Reply #11   Apr 13, 2005 6:01 pm
The RaceTunes shipped today.  Hopefully they will be here Friday, if not then Monday.  I have come down with a cold, so I not too anxious to get out and work with the equipment.  But when I'm over this, I'll review them. 

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #12   Apr 13, 2005 6:42 pm
AJace wrote:
The RaceTunes shipped today.  Hopefully they will be here Friday, if not then Monday.  I have come down with a cold, so I not too anxious to get out and work with the equipment.  But when I'm over this, I'll review them. 

You and Termy have been hangin too much, you're both sick.

Let us know how you like them!
This message was modified Apr 13, 2005 by Marshall
AJace

Reply #13   Apr 15, 2005 2:28 pm
The RaceTunes came TODAY!!  I only tried them inside and since the grass doesn't need mowed yet, it might be a week before a review gets posted in the review section.  The radio integrated into the RaceTunes seemed to be better at getting the signal than when I connected my Walkman to it.  I guess that's because the patch cord is the antenna for it.  I hooked my CD player on to it, and I took the things off my head.  You can hear the music playing on the outside of these things.  It might be annoying to the people around me if I wear them on a train or something.  That would be a very rare coincidence, and that's not what they were designed for as I saw when I pulled the ear cushions off.  The battery door seems to be very cheaply made thank goodness the batteries last a long time, as I can see it needing to be taped on one day. 

Has anyone replaced their ear cushions or bought the kits HY6 and HY100 they recommend on the box.  It seems they have many listed when I do a search. 

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #14   Apr 15, 2005 3:50 pm
Dear Ajace,
Congrats on the racetunes! 
I never noticed a problem with the battery door.....but I can tell  you the batteries seem to last forever.....mine seem fine.
I've had my son leave them turned on FOR A FEW DAYS and they still keep going and going....the batteries seem to NEVER need replacing!
I buy a 40 pack of AA batteries at BJ's for about $11.00    Very inexpensive, so even if they did wear down, which they don't, they won't break your wallet.

Racetunes.......$63.00
batteries............      .56

Closing out the world and going to your "happy place".......PRICELESS

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
AJace

Reply #15   Apr 22, 2005 12:49 am
I got to use the Racetunes for the first time today!!     They are the bomb.  I started the tractor and put these things on, then egaged the blades.  I'm not exactly sure what I looked like I was fitted for, but it sounded all good to me.  All I heard was a pleasant OPE hum in the background with Big & Rich playing.  They have a nice comfortable fit, but with glasses they don't seal perfectly.  When I turn my head I get a little outside noise.  I'd highly recommend a pair to anyone...........Priceless.   

Termy

Reply #16   May 10, 2005 10:57 pm
Well by now you have used your racetunes much more. Can you provide a short update review of them? How are they holding up? How long do those batteries last?

AJace

Reply #17   May 10, 2005 11:28 pm
Ah, yes Termy.  The battery life seems to be grand   However the radio stations I listen don't come in very clear, so I see it best to use my cellphone/Mp3 player to listen to my tunes.  Otherwise they are holding up great, I'd recommend them.  The full review on them is in the OPE review section.   

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #18   May 11, 2005 9:17 pm
I have been remiss in not doing reviews.....I guess I really should on the OPE stuff I own.
as to the racetunes, I concur with AJace....the batteries seem to last forever........my boys have left them on for DAYS.......I go put them on and they are still running....we use them a lot and hardly ever change batteries.....
They take AA, which I buy at BJ's at around $11.00 for a 40 pack, so they are cheap to keep running.
I'm very happy with my racetunes and they are better then the worktunes......way better controls, etc.

My ipod works grat in them also.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42