Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > OPE for Christmas?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

OPE for Christmas?
Original Message   Dec 25, 2004 10:55 pm
Did anyone get any OPE for Christmas? How about IPE?
Replies: 36 - 45 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: OPE for Christmas?
Reply #36   Dec 28, 2004 3:12 pm
Chris - that IS a sweet radio! VERY nice!! You don't find too many folks into CB these days. I see you are interested in "mods" too. I bet she will be a great talker with that extra "helper"...

My 23ch Lafayette goes up to "50", 6w am output, 18w pep SSB. It always talked very well with the stock mic, but really came alive "upstairs"...

Marty

Marshall

Reply #37   Dec 28, 2004 3:40 pm
CB's, gosh those days were great. I used to cruise around with my D-104 power mic with me in the truck, LOL.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #38   Dec 28, 2004 3:58 pm
Dave

Doing a happy dance for you! That is soooo fantastic! Prayers and thoughts are with you!

And....I have to admit....I'm relieved to hear that you and Marshall won't be living in the same state... two lovers of OPE , mods on an OPE forum....no telling what kind of trouble you'd get into .... turn the streets into garden tractor race tracks, convince all the guys in town that the only colors they need to wear are Honda red or John Deere green, etc.... The poor state would never be the same....

Paula

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #39   Dec 28, 2004 4:05 pm
So true but we are still out there!

Radios have gotten quite nice over the years, I can link you to my favorite CB forum if you would like to read up on them.

Wow a 23 channel job, you are an Old Timer lol.... I would love to see a pic if you ever get one!

I am on the road for school as you know and use the radio extensively. I also like to shoot a little skip when I have time.

Here are my two latest radios that I picked up in the fall one for my B-day and one was a replacement for a radio I was having trouble with so my tech changed it out for the orange one. My tech did the blue and orang backlighting for me as a favor, very sweet.

The blue one is a collectors item now and no longer made, the orange model is a walk the dog and kick the cat screamer lol....

Lets just say with what I have sitting under the blue cloth on the floor in the pics and the significant antenna on my roof, you can hear me coming from a long way off if I want you too lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
ChrisS

Reply #40   Dec 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Hey Marshall they still make that mic, I have one myself!

Run stock mics mostly as the two radios I posted, the stock mics are power mics....

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #41   Dec 28, 2004 5:08 pm
Dave,
That's great. Chris already stated so well my exact thoughts, so........."Just everything Chris S said"........

Prayers will be continued.........anyway, I can't type very well right now........my head is still full of images of Paula doing a "happy dance"......

Please keep us posted.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Marshall

Reply #42   Dec 28, 2004 5:30 pm
Chris, heck my Cougar doesn't even have a place to mount one anymore that's feasable.

Trucks though.....

Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #43   Dec 28, 2004 5:39 pm
Thanks again everyone for your support... !

I'm hoping for the best... ! Whatever that's is...
Should know re. IBM in abouta' week...

Dave...
This message was modified Dec 28, 2004 by Dave___in___CT

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Marshall

Reply #44   Dec 28, 2004 6:34 pm
Good things happen to good people Dave, I'm sure you'll be telling us good news in due time.
ChrisS

Reply #45   Dec 28, 2004 6:59 pm
Where there is a will there is a way lol...

I have one in a Honda Accord.....

C

Replies: 36 - 45 of 55Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42