Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > A Sad Day in the Garage...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lland

A Sad Day in the Garage...
Original Message   Mar 25, 2005 7:12 pm
There wasn't much going on at work today so I left a bit early.  When I got home, there was nobody around so I figured I'd putter around the garage.  I changed the kickstand on my son's bicycle.  Cleaned up a bit and figured, I'd see if my tractor would start after sitting all winter.  A few cranks and some white smoke and it's running as smooth as ever.  So what's so sad?  Well, instead of just putting the tractor back where it was, I moved the snowblower to the back of the garage coming to the full realization, that the snow is pretty much done for the season.

Sad.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
robmints

Re: A Sad Day in the Garage...
Reply #1   Mar 25, 2005 8:18 pm
LL,

You and I are on opposite sides of the fence. The end of October, November, and December are my least favorite couple of months. As the days start to get longer after Christmas, my whole outlook changes. By the time I uncover the boat at the beginning of April, I'm like a kid again. That takes me just about to Halloween. Different strokes for different folks, thank God. Whenever I think about "How could they like that" or "Why do they think that way" it makes me glad to know people like different things. In other words my wife must be crazy to have married me, I sure am glad there are people think different than I do.

Maybe you need a boat.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Mar 25, 2005 8:27 pm
I'm standing on Rob's side of the fence too. Spring, Summer and Fall and my favorite times of the year with Spring and Fall being on top.

Different strokes. 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #3   Mar 25, 2005 8:50 pm
I understand where LL is coming from.  Winter is tough, a PIA really, but it is also fun and peaceful and pretty too.  We have a storm slated for Monday.  It is not unheard of for us to get absolutely clobbered in April.  Makes it a $#%* to figure out when to take the studded snows off lol....

Winter leaving leaves me with mixed emotions also.....Oh, hey Rob, I definately need a boat lol.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Dave

Craftsman 88799

Reply #4   Mar 26, 2005 12:38 am
That's a very sad story  I plan to put my snowblower in the shed this weekend. It is now on the patio (covered of course) because the shed doors were frozen shut with snow and ice.  I can always get it back out if I need to, but 50 degrees next week and it's time to think spring  The snow in melting, melting....
Majorxlr8n

Reply #5   Mar 26, 2005 7:14 am
There are two happy days in a boat owner's life. The day the boat is purchased, and the day the boat is sold... Just kidding Rob!!  

I still have my snowblower on standby for another few weeks (Read: until I get time to "summerize" it).

I actually like the change of seasons, as each offers me a fresh interest. In April, I have to get my JD starter issue fixed ONCE & FOR ALL. I'll be opening up & maintaining the pool come the beginning of May & hopefully I'll get to actually USE IT more than 2 or 3 times this summer. Fall brings cooler temps - great for racing the GTO & gearing up for snowblowers, making for very comfortable weather conditions for me.

Marty

TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #6   Mar 26, 2005 8:08 am
I am with LL here.

You just don't get the same level of satisfaction between mowing the lawn/using the edger compared to removing 1 or 2 foot of snow from the driveway and blasting through the end of drive pile.

I usually don't summerize until the end of April.  There is always hope for one more storm.

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
Geno

51- love God 1st, then OPE

Reply #7   Mar 26, 2005 8:25 am
I got to say I go along with Marty.  Both seasons have their up's and of course down's ( Fridged cold-no snow so blower in the way just sitting in garage, ect..) and in summer some have ( extreme heat- misquetos-snowblower sitting in the way in the shed,ect..) but overall Life is Great isn't it! we got snowmobiling, boating, some snowblowing, mowing, camping, ect... as long as we got our health- ( Thank God for Will's continued recovery)  we really have many reasons to thank the Good Lord for it all- not to sound like a preacher here but, WOW! look what tough decisions we got to make..at times-  do I ride around on the mower or do I take the boat out for a spin first.        Geno
lland

Reply #8   Mar 26, 2005 2:32 pm
Actually, I get a LOT of satisfaciton doing yard work.  I enjoy the warmer months as I get to play golf and spend weekends at the shore.  For those that remember, I did a whole bunch of work this past summer...paver walks, patio, wall, deck lattice, 2,200 sf of planting beds, landscaping etc.  Just so happens that if it has to be cold, I like when there's snow on the gound and I like playing with my snowblower.  The problem is that now and for the next month or so, it will be not quite cold and not quite warm, and too wet to do ANYTHING OPE related.  I'll feel better soon and probably post a similar message when I put the tractor away.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Mar 26, 2005 9:41 pm
I'm in the same place with LL.  I went throught this phase of realizing that not much more snow was going to fall anymore.  I did get to use my new snowthrower in the backyard.    That seemed to take my desires away.    I just changed the oil Thursday, and it is in storage.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Cajunblu

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Reply #10   Mar 27, 2005 8:35 am
Well after 22 snow storms here in Boston, one dropping 30 somthing inches I'm snowed out....

Changed the oil last Sunday, Sears was out Monday to check it out and its in the garage til the warm weather when I de-rust, and paint it. The real wet slushy stuff stalled it out a few times this winter but other then that not one problem with my Sears MTD.

Robert

Craftsman 888531 9/28 Easy Steer.

"My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles,
and the letters get in the wrong places"

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42